||Enhanced Deterrence Explorer (Battlecruiser)
||NCC 1700 USS Sovereign|
NCC 1701- E USS Enterprise (Out of Service)
NCC 75640 - USS Southern Cross (Azeri Fleet)
NCC 75642 - USS Endurance (Azeri Fleet)
plus 3 in service, 6 building, 15 planned
||2373 - present
||Length: 680 m|
Beam: 240 m
Height: 87 m
||885 (130 Officers; 725 Enlisted Crew). 2,500 person evacuation limit
||The Sovereign-class Main Shuttlebay is equipped with:|
4 - Type-8 Medium Short-Range Shuttlecraft
4 - Type-9 Medium Long-Range Shuttlecraft
3 - Type-11 Heavy Long-Range Shuttlecraft
4 - Work Bee -Type Maintenance Pods
The Sovereign-class Secondary Shuttlebay is equipped with:
2 - Type-8 Medium Short-Range Shuttlecraft
2 - Type-9 Medium Long-Range Shuttlecraft
1 - Type-11 Heavy Long-Range Shuttlecraft
4 - Work Bee-Type Maintenance Pods
Freight Shuttle - Argo Type
Type IX Captain's Yacht
||12 x Type XII phaser arrays, total output 85,000 TeraWatts|
1 x Rapid fire quantum torpedo tube + 600 torpedoes
5 x Type 4 Burst Fire photon torpedo tubes + 500 photon torpedoes total
Antimatter spread emitter
||Auto modulated shield system, total capacity 4,590,000 TeraJoules|
Heavy Duranium/Tritanium double hull plus 10cm Ablative armour.
High level Structural Integrity Field
|Normal Cruise: Warp Factor 8|
Maximum Cruise: Warp Factor 9.9
Maximum Rated: Warp Factor 9.99 for thirty six hours
(Galaxy class = 1,000)
|Beam Firepower: 1,700|
Torpedo Firepower: 5,700
Weapon Range and Accuracy: 1,260
Shield Strength: 1,700
Hull Armour: 1,900
Combat Manoeuvrability: 4,000
|Overall Strength Index
|Expected Hull Life
||Minor: 1 year|
Standard: 5 year
Major: 10 year
- Tactical/Defensive Operations: Typical Missions include patrolling the Gorn Border, Cardassian Occupation zones, Borg interdiction missions, or protecting any Federation interest from hostile intent in planetary or interstellar conflicts.
- Emergency/Search and Rescue: Typical Missions include answering standard Federation emergency beacons, extraction of Federation or Non-Federation citizens in distress, retrieval of Federation or Non-Federation spacecraft in distress, small-scale planetary evacuation - medium or large scale planetary evacuation is not feasible.
- Federation Policy and Diplomacy: An Sovereign-class starship can be used as an envoy during deep-space operations. Deep-space Exploration: The Sovereign class is equipped for long-range interstellar survey and mapping missions, as well as the ability to explore a wide variety of planetary classifications.
- Contact with Alien Lifeforms: Pursuant to Starfleet Policy regarding the discovery of new life, facilities aboard the Sovereign class include a variety of exobiology and xenobiological suites, and a small cultural anthropology staff, allowing for limited deep-space life form study and interaction.
- Ongoing Scientific Investigation: A Sovereign-class starship is equipped with scientific laboratories and a wide variety of sensor probes and sensor arrays, giving her the ability to perform a wide variety of ongoing scientific investigations.
- Cruise Mode - The normal operating condition of the ship.
- Yellow Alert - Designates a ship wide state of increased preparedness for possible crisis situations.
- Red Alert - Designates an actual state of emergency in which the ship or crew is endangered, immediately impending emergencies, or combat situations.
- Blue Alert – Mode used aboard ships with planetfall capability when landing mode is initialized. Note: This class of ship does not have planet fall capability.
- External Support Mode - State of reduced activity that exists when a ship is docked at a starbase or other support facility.
- Reduced Power Mode - This protocol is invoked in case of a major failure in spacecraft power generation, in case of critical fuel shortage, or in the event that a tactical situation requires severe curtailment of onboard power generation.
During all modes of operation, the ship runs on four six-hour shifts designated Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta.
During Cruise Mode, the ship's operations are run on three 8-hour shifts designated Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Should a crisis develop, it may revert to a four-shift system of six hours to keep crew fatigue down.
Typical Shift command is as follows:
Alpha Shift – Captain (CO)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (XO)
Gamma Shift - Second Officer / Night Conn