||Light Explorer / Scout vessel
NCC 74705 USS Bellerophon
NCC 74656 USS Voyager
NCC 74657 USS Aurora
NCC 74658 USS Leviathan
NCC 74659 USS Orion
and 47 others. 15 have been lost during the Dominion war, 35 remain in service. USS Voyager was classified as lost for several years, but is now known to be making its way back to the Alpha Quadrant from the Delta Quadrant.
||2370 - present
||Length: 343 m|
Beam: 133 m
Height: 66 m
||4 - Type-9 Medium Short-Range Shuttlecraft |
2 - Type-6 Medium Short-Range Shuttlecraft
1 - Type-9A Cargo Shuttle
2 - Type-18 Shuttlepods
2 - Work Bee Maintenance Pods.
1 - Aerowing.
||13 x Type VIII Phaser arrays, total output 10,000 TeraWatts.|
4 x standard photon/quantum torpedo tubes + 38 torpedoes
||Shield system, Total capacity 729,000 TeraJoules|
Standard Duranium/Tritanium single hull.
Standard level Structural Integrity Field
|Normal Cruise : Warp Factor 8|
Maximum Cruise : Warp Factor 9.975
Maximum Rated : Warp Factor 9.985 for one hours
(Galaxy class = 1,000)
|Beam Firepower: 200|
Torpedo Firepower: 500
Weapon Range and Accuracy: 440
Shield Strength: 270
Hull Armour: 50
Combat Maneuverability: 7,500
|Overall Strength Index
|Expected Hull Life
||Minor : 1 year|
Standard : 5 years
Major : 20 years
- Deep-space Exploration: The Intrepid class is equipped for long-range interstellar survey and mapping missions, as well as the ability to explore a wide variety of planetary classifications.
- Ongoing Scientific Investigation: A Intrepid class starship is equipped with scientific laboratories and a wide variety of sensor probes and sensor arrays, as well as the state-of-the-art dorsal subspace sensor assembly; giving her the ability to perform a wide variety of ongoing scientific investigations.
- Contact with Alien Lifeforms: Pursuant to Starfleet Policy regarding the discovery of new life, facilities aboard the Intrepid class include a variety of exobiology and xenobiological suites, and a small cultural anthropology staff, allowing for limited deep-space life form study and interaction.
- Federation Policy and Diplomacy: A Intrepid class starship’s secondary role is the performance of diplomatic operations on behalf of Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets. These missions may include transport of Delegates, hosting of negotiations or conferences aboard in the vessel’s Conference Hall, courier for important people and/or items, and first contact scenarios.
- Emergency/Search and Rescue: Typical Missions include answering standard Federation emergency beacons, extraction of Federation or Non-Federation citizens in distress, retrieval of Federation or Non-Federation spacecraft in distress. Planetary evacuation is not feasible.
- Tactical/Defensive Operations: Though not designed primarily for battle, the Intrepid class –like all Starfleet vessels– is designed to be resilient and ably armed.
- Cruise Mode - The normal operating condition of the ship.*Yellow Alert - Designates a ship wide state of increased preparedness for possible crisis situations.
- Red Alert - Designates an actual state of emergency in which the ship or crew is endangered, immediately impending emergencies, or combat situations.
- Blue Alert – Mode used aboard ships with planetfall capability when landing mode is initialized.
- External Support Mode - State of reduced activity that exists when a ship is docked at a starbase or other support facility.
- Reduced Power Mode - This protocol is invoked in case of a major failure in spacecraft power generation, in case of critical fuel shortage, or in the event that a tactical situation requires severe curtailment of onboard power generation.
During Cruise Mode, the ship’s operations are run on three 8-hour shifts designated Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Should a crisis develop, it may revert to a four-shift system of six hours to keep crew fatigue down.
Typical three (3) shift command is as follows:
Alpha Shift – Captain (CO) (0800 hrs to 1600 hrs)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (XO) (1600 hrs to 2400 hrs)
Gamma Shift – Second Officer / Night Conn (0000 hrs to 0800 hrs)
Typical four (4) shift command is as follows:
Alpha shift - Commanding Officer (0600 Hours to 1200 Hours)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (1200 Hours to 1800 Hours)
Gamma Shift – Second Officer (1800 Hours to 2400 Hours)
Delta Shift – Third Officer - (0000 Hours to 0600 Hours)
Note: Midnight is called both 2400 and 0000. At the end of the day, it is 2400 hrs, and at the beginning of the next, it is 0000 hrs.