||Explorer - Basic
||NCC 70637 USS Galaxy|
NCC 71099 USS Challenger
(NCC 1701-D USS Enterprise)
(NCC 71832 USS Odyssey)
NCC 71854 USS Venture
(NCC 71807 USS Yamato)
NCC 71867 USS Trinculo
NCC 71868 USS Cherokee
NCC 71869 USS Starlight
NCC 71870 USS Leichardt
NCC 71894 USS Asimov
and 41 others built in total. 10 have been lost during and before the war, leaving 39 in service. The above list includes both basic and uprated Galaxy class vessels; Starfleet refuses to specify precisely which ships are uprated. Civilian sources indicate that 31 ships were of the basic model, of which 6 have been lost in total.
||2362 - present
||Length: 641 m|
Beam: 470 m
Height: 145 m
||1,000+ including family members
||At least 10 personnel shuttles or 5 runabouts with living quarters module |
At least 10 cargo shuttles or 3 runabouts with no modules
12 shuttlepods, unless otherwise replaced by personnel shuttles
2 Sphinx Workpods
Work Bee-Type Maintenance Pods
||12 x Type X Phaser arrays, total phaser output 50,000 TeraWatts|
3 x type 3 burst fire photon torpedo tubes + 275 torpedoes
Antimatter spread emitter
||Shield system, total capacity 2,700,000 TeraJoules|
Standard Duranium/Tritanium double hull plus 9.0 cm High Density armour.
Standard level Structural Integrity Field
|Normal Cruise: Warp Factor 6|
Maximum Cruise: Warp Factor 9.2
Maximum Rated: Warp Factor 9.6 for twelve hours
(Galaxy class = 1,000)
|Beam Firepower: 1,000|
Torpedo Firepower: 1,000
Weapon Range and Accuracy: 1,000
Shield Strength: 1,000
Hull Armour: 1,000
Combat Maneuverability: 1,000
|Overall Strength Index
|Expected Hull Life
||Minor: 1 year|
Standard: 5 years
Major: 20 years
- Cruise Mode - The normal operating condition of the ship.
- Yellow Alert - Designates a ship wide state of increased preparedness for possible crisis situations.
- Red Alert - Designates an actual state of emergency in which the ship or crew is endangered, immediately impending emergencies, or combat situations.
- Blue Alert – Mode used aboard ships with planetfall capability when landing mode is initialized. Note: This class of ship does not haveplanet fall capability.
- External Support Mode - State of reduced activity that exists when a ship is docked at a starbase or other support facility.
- Reduced Power Mode - This protocol is invoked in case of a major failure in spacecraft power generation, in case of critical fuel shortage, or in the event that a tactical situation requires severe curtailment of onboard power generation.
During all modes of operation, the ship runs on four six-hour shifts designated Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta.
During Cruise Mode, the ship’s operations are run on three 8-hour shifts designated Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Should a crisis develop, it may revert to a four-shift system of six hours to keep crew fatigue down.
Typical three (3) shift command is as follows:
Alpha Shift – Captain (CO) (0800 hrs to 1600 hrs)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (XO) (1600 hrs to 2400 hrs)
Gamma Shift – Second Officer / Night Conn (0000 hrs to 0800 hrs)
Typical four (4) shift command is as follows:
Alpha shift - Commanding Officer (0600 Hours to 1200 Hours)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (1200 Hours to 1800 Hours)
Gamma Shift – Second Officer (1800 Hours to 2400 Hours)
Delta Shift – Third Officer - (0000 Hours to 0600 Hours)
Note: Midnight is called both 2400 and 0000. At the end of the day, it is 2400 hrs, and at the beginning of the next, it is 0000 hrs.