|| Escort Vessel
||NX 74205 USS Defiant)|
(NCC 74210 USS Valiant)
(NCC 75633 USS Sao Paulo)
NCC 74232 USS Triton
plus 28 others built. 5 have been lost during the Dominion war; USS San Paulo was renamed to USS Defiant.
||2367 - present
||Length: 170 m|
Beam: 100 m
Height: 20 m
Decks: 5 including nacelle sub decks
||1 - Type 10 Personal Shuttle|
2 - Type 18 Shuttle Pod
2 - Work Bee
Specific to the USS Triton - Delta Flyer
||4 x Class I rapid fire phaser pulse cannon|
1 x Type X Phaser
bank, total output for all phaser weapons 70,000 TeraWatts
3 x Pulse fire Quantum/Photon torpedo tubes + 100 torpedoes
1 x Probe / Photon torpedo launcher - equivalent to standard photon torpedo tube + 20 torpedoes
||Auto modulated high capacity shield system, total capacity 2,376,000 TeraJoules|
Heavy Duranium/Tritanium double hull plus 20cm Ablative armour.
High level Structural Integrity Field
|Normal Cruise: Warp Factor 6|
Maximum Cruise: Warp Factor 8.7
Maximum Rated: Warp Factor 9.5 for twelve hours
(Galaxy class = 1,000)
|Beam Firepower: 1,400|
Torpedo Firepower: 2,150
Weapon Range and Accuracy: 810
Shield Strength: 880
Hull Armour: 3,400
Combat Manoeuvrability: 30,000
|Overall Strength Index
|Expected Hull Life
||Minor: 6 months|
Standard: 1 year
Major: 5 years
- Tactical and Defensive Operations: Typical missions include protection of Federation assets in the form of colonies and space stations from anticipated threat forces.
- Patrol and Interdiction: Typical missions include the patrol of established neutral zones, shipping lanes and recognized regions of dispute and/or conflict.
- Reconnaissance: Typical missions include scouting of areas deemed worthy of note by Starfleet Intelligence.
- Emergency/Search and Rescue: Typical missions include answering standard Federation emergency beacons, extraction of Federation or Non-Federation citizens in distress, retrieval of Federation or Non-Federation spacecraft in distress, small-scale planetary evacuation - medium or large scale planetary evacuation is not feasible.
- Secondary Scientific Investigations: In some cases, a Defiant is found to be the most suitable platform from which to perform certain scientific applications. They include experiments and research that requires increased shielding to observe certain phenomena, or a weapons platform from which to test new technologies.
- Cruise Mode - The normal operating condition of the ship.
- Yellow Alert - Designates a ship wide state of increased preparedness for possible crisis situations.
- Red Alert - Designates an actual state of emergency in which the ship or crew is endangered, immediately impending emergencies, or combat situations.
- Blue Alert – Mode used aboard ships with planetfall capability when landing mode is initialized.
- External Support Mode - State of reduced activity that exists when a ship is docked at a starbase or other support facility.
- Reduced Power Mode - This protocol is invoked in case of a major failure in spacecraft power generation, in case of critical fuel shortage, or in the event that a tactical situation requires severe curtailment of onboard power generation.
During all modes of operation, the ship runs on four six-hour shifts designated Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta.
Typical four (4) shift command is as follows:
Alpha shift - Commanding Officer (0600 Hours to 1200 Hours)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (1200 Hours to 1800 Hours)
Gamma Shift – Second Officer (1800 Hours to 2400 Hours)
Delta Shift – Third Officer - (0000 Hours to 0600 Hours)
Note: Midnight is called both 2400 and 0000. At the end of the day, it is 2400 hrs, and at the beginning of the next, it is 0000 hrs.