||NCC 62497 USS Akira|
NCC 63293 USS Rabin
NCC 63549 USS Thunderchild
NCC 63791 USS Wolverine
NCC 63843 USS Leviathan
NCC 63868 USS Orion
plus 187 others built in total. 57 have been lost in all. The class remains in production.
||2363 - present
||Length: 464.43 m|
Beam: 316.67 m
Height: 87.43 m
||500. Evacuation Limit 4500.
6 Type 18 Shuttlepods
2 Type 6 Personnel Shuttles
2 Type 7 Personnel Shuttles
4 Danube Class Runabouts
40 Kaneda Class Space Superiority Fighters
10 Sphinx Class Work Pods
||3 x Type X phaser arrays, total output 17,500 TeraWatts|
15 x Pulse fire photon torpedo tube + 300 torpedoes
||Standard shield system, total capacity 1,876,500 TeraJoules|
Standard Duranium/Tritanium Double hull plus 5.4 cm High density armour.
Standard level Structural Integrity Field
|Normal Cruise: Warp Factor 7|
Maximum Cruise: Warp Factor 9.3
Maximum Rated: Warp Factor 9.8 for 12 hours.
(Galaxy class = 1,000)
|Beam Firepower: 350|
Torpedo Firepower: 3,750
Weapon Range and Accuracy: 910
Shield Strength: 695
Hull Armour: 640
Combat Maneuverability: 1,880
|Overall Strength Index
|Expected Hull Life
||Minor: 1 year|
Standard: 5 years
Major: 20 years
- Emergency/Search and Rescue: Typical Missions include answering standard Federation emergency beacons, extraction of Federation or Non-Federation citizens in distress, retrieval of Federation or Non-Federation spacecraft in distress, small-scale planetary evacuation - medium or large scale planetary evacuation is not feasible.
- Federation Policy and Diplomacy: An Akira class starship can be used as an envoy during deep-space operations.
- Deep-space Exploration: The Akira class is equipped for long-range interstellar survey and mapping missions, as well as the ability to explore a wide variety of planetary classifications.
- Contact with Alien Lifeforms: Pursuant to Starfleet Policy regarding the discovery of new life, facilities aboard the Akira class include a variety of exobiology and xenobiological suites, and a small cultural anthropology staff, allowing for limited deep-space life form study and interaction.
- Ongoing Scientific Investigation: An Akira class starship is equipped with scientific laboratories and a wide variety of sensor probes and sensor arrays, giving her the ability to perform a wide variety of ongoing scientific investigations.
- Cruise Mode - The normal operating condition of the ship.
- Yellow Alert - Designates a ship wide state of increased preparedness for possible crisis situations.
- Red Alert - Designates an actual state of emergency in which the ship or crew is endangered, immediately impending emergencies, or combat situations.
- Blue Alert – Mode used aboard ships with planetfall capability when landing mode is initialized. Note: This class of ship does not have planet fall capability.
- External Support Mode - State of reduced activity that exists when a ship is docked at a starbase or other support facility.
- Reduced Power Mode - This protocol is invoked in case of a major failure in spacecraft power generation, in case of critical fuel shortage, or in the event that a tactical situation requires severe curtailment of onboard power generation.
During Cruise Mode, the ship's operations are run on three 8-hour shifts designated Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Should a crisis develop, it may revert to a four-shift system of six hours to keep crew fatigue down.
Typical three (3) shift command is as follows:
Alpha Shift – Captain (CO) (0800 hrs to 1600 hrs)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (XO) (1600 hrs to 2400 hrs)
Gamma Shift – Second Officer / Night Conn (0000 hrs to 0800 hrs)
Typical four (4) shift command is as follows:
Alpha shift - Commanding Officer (0600 Hours to 1200 Hours)
Beta Shift – Executive Officer (1200 Hours to 1800 Hours)
Gamma Shift – Second Officer (1800 Hours to 2400 Hours)
Delta Shift – Third Officer - (0000 Hours to 0600 Hours)
Note: Midnight is called both 2400 and 0000. At the end of the day, it is 2400 hrs, and at the beginning of the next, it is 0000 hrs.